The AMI technology offers practical advantages to customers:
• In the vast majority of cases, bills will be based on actual consumption rather than estimates, as sometimes happened with the old technology, when meters were hard to reach.
• Customers will no longer have to fill in meter-reading cards when they move.
• Meter readers will no longer have to enter customer premises, causing much less inconvenience, especially to customers with indoor meters. In Montréal, 70% of meters are indoors.
• Eventually, customers will no longer have to report power failures because, with the advanced technology, Hydro-Québec will be informed automatically. We can thus determine the scope of the outage and restore service more quickly.
• Starting in 2015, customers will also be able to monitor their electricity consumption online and manage it wisely.
A supplier who is required to follow Hydro-Québec’s strict procedure is responsible for recovering and recycling the materials in the ...
Next-generation meters—sometimes called smart meters—are electronic devices that measure the energy customers use and can be read remotely by Hydro-Québec. ...
Why replace existing meters?Although they are still reliable, close to half of Hydro-Québec’s meters are over 25 years old and ...