The AMI technology offers practical advantages to customers:
• In the vast majority of cases, bills will be based on actual consumption rather than estimates, as sometimes happened with the old technology, when meters were hard to reach.
• Customers will no longer have to fill in meter-reading cards when they move.
• Meter readers will no longer have to enter customer premises, causing much less inconvenience, especially to customers with indoor meters. In Montréal, 70% of meters are indoors.
• With the advanced technology, Hydro-Québec will be informed automatically when a power outage occurs. We can thus determine the scope of the outage and restore service more quickly.
• Starting in 2015, customers will also be able to monitor their electricity consumption online and manage it wisely.
Why replace existing meters?Although they are still reliable, close to half of Hydro-Québec’s meters are over 25 years old and ...
No. The introduction of next-generation meters has absolutely no impact on our collections procedure. This procedure is well documented and ...
No. Although they are still reliable, close to half of Hydro-Québec’s meters are over 25 years old and must be ...